In an afternoon of talks and presentations, three leading scholars in Neo-Latin literature will share their thoughts and offer advice regarding the practicalities and challenges involved in editing and translating Neo-Latin texts. The event will take place from 2pm-4:10pm on Friday 17th June on Zoom, and each presentation will be 25-30 minutes long each. There will be ten minutes set aside for questions and comments following each presentation.
- Introductory remarks: Tomos Evans, Postgraduate Representative of the Society for Neo Latin Studies [2pm-2:05pm]
- Stephen Harrison: ‘Commentating on neo-Latin texts: a classical perspective’ [2:05-2:35]
- Ingrid De Smet: “What should go in a book / project proposal for a Neo-Latin text edition?” [2:45-3:15]
- Sharon Van Dijk: ‘Only for Those in the Know: The Challenges of Translating the Correspondence of Zwingli and Oecolampadius’ [3:25-3:55]
- Concluding remarks: Tomos Evans [4:05-4:10]
Please send an email to Tomos Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Zoom link.